How to use stand-up desks more healthily?
Using lifting desk can prevent muscle pain and body stiffness. Here are some tips.
1. Always keep the lifting desktop level to the height of your elbow.
2. Keep your neck high and your shoulders relaxed.
3. Do not make your knees stiff when standing up.
4. Keep the screen level to your sight.
5. Keep your wrists straight and parallel to the desktop.
6. Stand continuously for no more than 60 minutes.
7. Do not sit continuously for more than 30 minutes.
You should alternate between sitting and standing. It has been proved that sitting for long periods of time is harmful to health. However, just as sitting all day long hurts your body, standing for long time can hurt your body too. Switch between sitting and standing can help avoid and prevent body pain. According to research, the proportion of sitting to standing time should be 1:1 or 2:1. In other words, on an eight-hour working day, you should stand for 30 to 45 minutes per hour. So readjust your lifting desk every half an hour. Sitting and standing alternately will not only make you active, but also make you more efficient.