For a realistic view of today’s top adjustable desks, you need to do more than read superfluous sales pages. That’s why I researched manufacturer claims and tested several popular desks in person, cross-examining my findings with genuine user reviews for a more accurate overview.
Here’s a look at the criteria I used to distinguish today’s top-shelf adjustable desks:
1. Ergonomics – Most adjustable desks fit the average male and female proportions just fine (5’9″ and 5’4″, respectively). But the very best options offer even more adaptability, supporting users above the 95th percentile without a footrest or other support.
2. Durability – Typically, desks are on their last legs once pieces start moving. Adjustable desks are the opposite, and they must feature robust metal frames that can withstand the wear and tear of continuous adaptation.
3. Customizability – It’s challenging to find a one-size-fits-all desk, even when it’s adjustable. That’s why I sought out options with additional customizability — so you can mix and match elements and add-ons for a more personalized solution.
4. Fluidity – Most height-adjustable desks adapt via an electric motor, which should feature high-quality craftsmanship that moves fast and glides into place like butter.
5. Price – Adaptability doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. I sought out the best deals around, showcasing top-tier ergonomics on every budget.
Using the above criteria as guidelines, I whittled the original 36-count list down to ten. The following desks represent the best in their class, providing an adjustable base that’s ready to eliminate ailments and boost performance.